These 15 Fat Burning Foods Naturally Enhances Your Metabolism!
If you have been on a diet program rollercoaster ride for most of your adult life, then you probably know by now that the only thing that can help you lose weight is a combination of exercise and a healthy diet.
A healthy diet should consist of nutrient packed foods that are low in calories and high in fiber. Some fat-burning foods also have special properties that make them breakdown fat better than others.
Here are 15 of the best foods for burning fat that nature has blessed us with:
1. Asparagus contains asparagines, a chemical that stimulates the kidneys and causes a “flushing” effect in the body. It assists in the breakdown of fatty deposits in the cells. Asparagus also contains a chemical that breaks down oxalic acid, an acid that glues fat to the body’s cells, thus reducing fat levels.
2. Blueberries have no cholesterol and are very high in antioxidants and phytochemicals. The latter change the way that the body stores fat and uses glucose.
3. Cabbage is very low in calories yet rich in fiber, vitamin C and other nutrients. It is a natural diuretic that removes body waste.
4. Cauliflower has zero fat. It is packed with folate, vitamin C and fiber.
5. Almonds are rich in ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid, which aids in calorie burning. Almonds have been found to lower the body’s LDL levels (bad cholesterol).
6. Whole grains and cereals are unprocessed carbohydrates like barley and oats. They contain the fibers and minerals needed by your body which aid in fat burning.
7. Low-fat dairy products like skim milk and low-fat yogurt are high in calcium and complex carbohydrates. These nutrients help the body from storing fat and increase metabolism by keeping your insulin level down. Low insulin levels discourage the body from storing fat.
8. Broccoli is a fiber rich food high in vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of indoles, a nutrient that helps lower the risk of certain cancers. Broccoli aids in reducing bad estrogen as well. This raises the natural energy burning hormones of the body.
9. Chili peppers, especially habanero, cayenne and jalapeno, increase the body’s metabolism. Capsaicin, a chemical found in certain chili peppers, triggers thermodynamic burn thus burning calories and preventing fat storage.
10. Green Tea contains EGCG, a powerful antioxidant that speeds up the burning of calories. When taken daily it increases metabolism which translates to weight loss. It also aids the liver in detoxifying estrogen which increases the body’s ability to burn fat.
11. Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. This healthy polyunsaturated fat aids in lowering weight gain by reducing leptin. Leptin, a hormone in the body, directly affects the metabolism and determines if you burn calories or store them as fat. The less leptin in the body, the more calories burned.
12. Lean meats taken in moderation and without the visible fat are terrific sources of protein. Since meat is harder to digest, the body burns more of its stored fat just to break down the meat. Proteins, the building blocks of muscles, enables the body to burn more calories.
13. Beans are packed with protein, iron, folic acid and fiber. These little critters make you feel full faster and are rich in soluble-fiber that lowers bad cholesterol or LDL.
14. Grapefruit and other citrus fruits are high in fiber and nutrients which help lower the body’s insulin levels.
15. Garlic is known to lower cholesterol levels and acts as an antibiotic and antiseptic in the body. A natural diuretic, it helps break down fatty deposits.
There are many other foods that are fiber rich and nutrient packed. Whether you want to lose weight or simply find ways to eat healthier, try different combinations of healthy, fat burning foods. Don’t forget to drink lots of water, too. Lastly, make sure to include exercise in your daily activities for a healthier you.